My Little Corner of the World

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Lovely dayadate

Seeing as how exams are coming up for most (I suppose not for the people in our little webring, though) I will update my blog since others probably do not have the time to do so.

---I realize now that that first phrase was quite unnecessary since only Krystel has exams (out of the people that likely read this blog), and might even still update her blog---

This weekend was very very fun! It started off with Alex coming in from the outskirts and eating a wonderful dinner with me that I had prepared from scratch that I like to call Ambergeur Elpeur ;) Then we headed off with Caley to Maryam's birthday party at one of the Lees apartments. But I pulled an Amanda, and forgot Maryam's Malibu gift in the apartment. Since we had just crossed Laurier, I ran back up to get it but forgot that I had juice there as well. Oh well.

Many people were at Maryam's party. Now, as I am typing this, I am wondering why I am giving such details because (again) the only people that read this are the ones that were there. Anywho, it was a fun, interesting, and exciting night-- to say the least. There was some definite making out, vomiting, and making a fool of one's self. Some exhibitionism was also at play. All in all it wasn't an ordinary night. We ended up going to Space and having a marvelous time, right Caley? Dancing is lots of fun!

Then, on Saturday Alex and I had our (pronounced 'hour' not 'are') dayadate! The morning started off with trip to Rideau Centre to pick up some swimming goggles. Then we headed off to the UofO pool. Swimming was fun. Alex jumped off the first and second tower while I watched, from a safe distance. After swimming Alex went to get a haircut. Afterwards we proceeded to South Keys where we saw 'Failure to Launch.' That's right ladies, Alex came with me to see a chick flick. :) It was a pretty good movie, though some portions were obviously far-fetched and the ending was well, beyond cheesy. From there we ate dinner and saw a comedy show at Yuk Yuk's. It was really funny! We should definitely go sometime with everyone, especially on a Thursday because it's a 2 for 1 student night. I think this was the most amount of activities Alex and I have ever jam-packed into one day. :)

Oh, wow! I almost forgot the most exciting part:
When Alex dropped me off at home, he lowered the rear window on the driver's side of the car and it got jammed there (yep, just like in the van but this time it was the Grand Am). We very creatively covered the exposed hole with a garbage bag and duct tape. I'm hoping Alex took a picture so that I can share a visual with you all.

On Sunday my daddy and I went to go see the Greece IMAX movie at the Museum of Civilization. It was really well done. Nia Vardalos narrated it (writer/actress from My Big Fat Greek Wedding). I would really like to see the Kilimanjaro IMAX movie too. Along with this, I'd love to visit the museum. I haven't been there in so long. Because I still have the mindset of a child, I would have so much fun there! We could get dressed up in costumes and everything! :D
...Hopefully we can do that sometime later.

Only 2 weeks of work left! Yay!!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:wave: Yes the dayadate was amazing. Pam took a nap before the comedy show and didnt want to wake up to go to it. Man, it was great. I did not expect yuk yuks to be so good. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Someone took over 100pictures using my camera at maryam's party. I will upload some soon(ish)

9:32 p.m.  
Blogger Ivan said...

Nice Alex, you probably got lucky if you went to a chick flick. I also went to see Failure to Launch with Krystel and I would completely agree with Pam that the ending was way too predictable and cheesy.

Kilimanjaro must be an awesome movie and I really want to go and see it.

As for Alex's car, well he had more problems today as you will probably hear from him or read on his blog.

10:13 p.m.  
Blogger EternallyExceptional said...

allrighty Pam, since I missed the makiong out part, tell me who were the lucky couple?!
and I'm glad you guys had fun, cause I really did:)

8:18 a.m.  
Blogger Krystel said...

Hey Pam!

I like how your described Maryam's party with such politically correct terms! GOOD JOB!

I never went to Yuk Yuks, but I always wanted to. It sounds like lots of fun!

5:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was sweet. On to other news, my throat is sore this morning.. hmm

6:43 a.m.  
Blogger Pam said...

I do not have a sore throat, so it is not I who passed it on to you.

3:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, you WERE my prime suspect.. ok, back outside

6:08 p.m.  
Blogger Pam said...

Perhaps your caustic acid gave you the sore throat.

8:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That may be actually, though I think it happened before I started using it again. I wouldnt be surprised if it made it worse

8:53 p.m.  
Blogger Pam said...

Wow Alex, how often do you check my website for new updates?

11:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

every 3 minutes generally. I also called up blogspot and talked to the GM and he will call me personally on my cell phone whenever you updateit.

7:06 a.m.  
Blogger Mandy said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww

8:46 a.m.  
Blogger Pam said...

hehehehe If only that were true. I burnt my tongue on my soup.
Wow. this is the first time I've been on my site while at work. Perhaps I should delete the cookies? Or just eat them.

2:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home