My Little Corner of the World

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend

Well last weekend was amazing. I got Friday and Monday off, so essentially I had a very restful 4-day weekend :)

I stayed up very late on Thursday watching The English Patient on tv, and on Friday we had fun playing board games at Steve's. Ivan beat us all at The Game of Life, as a $100 000 paid accountant. Then we played Bang a couple times and Citadels.

On Saturday afternoon I went to Alex's house out in the country. We did many fun things this weekend such as: played with/fed/milked the goats, rode on the 3-wheeler, explored abandoned farms and cars, played Jenga, played hours upon hours of Crokinole, biked to the sugar shack, and many other things. Oh, I also learned how to juggle!! (a bit) Alex's sister Christina got very good at it. I still have to juggle against a wall to be decent. I will hopefully add some nice photos later on of all these exciting activities in which I partook.

I was only supposed to stay one night, but driving late in the dark was not very appealing, so I accepted Alex's mom's offer to stay another night. Ah, also the first day there my allergies weren't too bad. I'm not sure if it was his cat or just seasonal allergies, but I sneezed quite a bit. The next day I surprisingly didn't sneeze at all, even though I took no medication. The amount of pets this family has is astounding. It's quite a change from my pet-free home. They have 5 dogs (two golder retrievers, 2 , and , 1 cat, MANY goats (kids and adults), 2 barn cats, 2 ducks, a bunch of duck eggs, and fish.

I'm excited about hopefully visiting this summer when the berries will be in season.
How did your Easter break go?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you count how many animals belong to my sister and how many are family pets, the family has 2 dogs and a fish tank. everything else belongs to christina.

The weekend was great. I found out that Pam does things that I would never do. If you saw an old car in a field with the windows partly smashed would you get in and sit behind the wheel? haha, well she did

7:02 a.m.  
Blogger Mandy said...

OMG go you Pam! My family has some old rusty/smashed cars outside the sugar bush, and I decided that I was going to try to break off a piece of rusty metal. And yea, it just reminded me of that, I hear tetnis screaming!!!

1:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home